Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle and everything in between!

Friday 2 December 2016

My Rook Piercing Experience!

Hi guys, 


Todays blog post is gonna be a little bit different as I'm going to be talking about my new ear piercing. If you don't like piercings, sorry this one isn't for you but I should have an everyday makeup routine post coming up any time soon! 

Just a quick prewarning, obviously I'm not a professional piercer so everything I'm saying is from personal experience, something I've been told or something I've read.

So, about 2 months ago I got my rook piercing done. It's the one with the long bar going through, pretty hard to miss!


I got this piercing done in Brighton at a piercing place called Punktured. They are so amazing in there and so so lovely as well. I got pierced by a lovely girl called Beth. It cost (I think) £25 which I think is so reasonable especially considering how lovely they are in there and professional.


I was given this information sheet afterwards about how to care for my piercing etc and on the bottom it has extra info. Incase this means anything to any of you I was pierced with a Ti Curved Barbell 1.2 x 8mm.


Pain wise, the actual piercing needle going through kinda thing wasn't as bad as I thought but apparently I pulled a REALLY funny face! I'd say the actual piercing was probably about a 4/10. However, when it came to the actual jewellery being put in the pain was really bad, probably about a 7/10.

When it came to the actual piercing, Beth explained to me everything that was going to happen and really put me at ease. 

  • She showed me the sterilised needle, jewellery etc and she used a disinfectant to wipe down the chair I was in and the surface. She really made sure it was as sterile as possible. 
  • She wiped my ear with an anti-bac thing and put a pen mark on where she was going to pierce and made sure I was happy with it there etc.
  • She then shone this torch through, I'm not 100% sure why, but I guess to make sure she wouldn't be piercing through a blood vessel or anything?
  • I can't remember the exact process anymore but long story short, she pierced it and then put the jewellery in.
Throughout this whole time Beth was so reassuring and made sure I was calm and happy in entire time. 



My swollen earring!
When it comes to healing, I've had a cartilage piercing before which you can see in the image so I know, to put it blunt, cartilage piercings are a bitch to heal and they take ages! I'm really crap when it comes to cleaning them, I always forget so I should probably clean it more often so occasionally over the past couple of months my piercing has swollen up like mad! As you can see in the picture. I was pierced with a really long bar because you have to allow for swelling like this otherwise it'll have nowhere to swell and it'll get so painful! 

When I clean it, I bought some after piercing lotion stuff from Amazon but I very rarely use it so I stick to the salt water solution. This has been a lifesaver for both my piercings because when it begins to swell, I'll soak it for a couple of minutes and I can already feel the swelling going down and soothing it. You have to use NON IODISED SEA SALT so the table salt in your cupboard won't be enough. I use about 1/4 of a teaspoon of seasalt with about 250ml of water, you don't want the solution to be too salty.

I would 100% recommend going to punktured for a piercing, I've only got my rook done there but any future piercings I'll go there! 

Let me know if you've had your rook pierced or anything else, I think I want my tragus next! Please comment any questions you have down below about the piercing or anything and I'll try and reply as soon as possible!

Love, Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment